HVAC Problems in Neptune Beach, FL: Why Some Rooms Get Hotter
One of the most annoying issues to experience is inconsistent temperatures throughout your home. Just when it seems that one room has gotten comfortable, you find that another has become uncomfortably warm. Here are some causes of these inconsistencies in Neptune Beach, FL, homes and what you can do to resolve them.
Common Issues That Cause Inconsistent Temperatures
Unfortunately, inconsistent temperatures between rooms are quite common for Florida homes. In some cases, however, you can easily resolve these issues on your own. Consider the following issues and solutions:
- You need a new filter: Dirty filters block the return airflow to your heating and cooling system. They also prevent proper airflow throughout the home.
- Blocked or closed vents: Make sure your air supply vents are open, with nothing blocking them.
- Too much sunlight: Window treatments such as blinds or drapes help regulate temperatures in rooms that get lots of sunlight. When you don’t need the natural light, be sure to close them to prevent a greenhouse effect.
- Check your windows: Make sure they are not open even slightly. If your home has inefficient older or single-pane windows, try re-caulking them or consider replacements.
Complex Issues That Require an HVAC Service Technician
While some fixes are simple, others are more complicated. Call a professional for help if you encounter any of the following problems:
- Leaky air ducts: This problem, which requires a professional service technician to fix, often results in higher energy bills and inconsistent temperatures in a home.
- Misshapen ductwork: Many HVAC systems include flex ducts, which are pliable and easy to bend. A service technician can help fix the flex ducts that may have kinks or has become squished in some areas.
- Your fan is too slow: Ideally, your system’s fan speed matches the size of your home, but this isn’t always the case. If yours is too slow, you’ll need the help of a professional to speed up your blower to meet the demands of your home.
Consider Installing a Zoned HVAC System
Not only can a zoned system help you balance temperatures on different floors of your home. It also lets you heat or cool individual rooms on demand or even close off unoccupied rooms.
If you’ve been trying to figure out why some rooms in your home are hotter than others, we can help. Call us at Cool R Us, Inc A/C & Heating for stellar HVAC service to restore comfort to your home.
Image provided by iStock
You May Also Like
If the heat pump in your Middleburg, FL, home is making a lot of noise, you may wonder what’s wrong with it.… Continue Reading Why is My Heat Pump in Middleburg, FL, So Loud?…
Are you one of the many people in Neptune Beach, FL, who have a heat pump? If so, you know that it… Continue Reading How to Use a Heat Pump More Efficiently in Neptune Beach, FL…
To save money and ensure your Neptune Beach, FL, home feels comfortable, you need an effective and efficient HVAC system. Choosing the… Continue Reading Things to Consider When Choosing a New Thermostat…